Our wilderness/remote first aid course is a 2-day
16 hour first aid course.
It covers the requirements of National Governing Body (NGB) Instructor Awards.
We run our own Outdoor First Aid courses and SQA accredited Outdoor First Aid courses.
Our Outdoor First Aid courses are fun, interactive and build the techniques required to confidently deal with incidents in remote settings.
We can run courses at your venue, for groups of four people upwards.
Course contents –
* Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour & Casualty Monitoring
* Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents. ABCDE
* Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse. Recovery Position and other Safe Airway Positions
* Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), drowning CPR, heart attack, angina, choking
* Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for shock. Bandaging issues
* Damage – treatment of injury: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm, including remote improvised techniques
* Head and spinal injuries and helmet removal techniques and spinal management
* Environmental Considerations – hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
* Common Illnesses – asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
* Other Illnesses – Weils disease, Lyme disease, Tick-borne Encephalitis, etc
* Animal bites and stings
* Awareness of current regulations
* Outdoor incident scenarios – practice those skills
For specific details of courses check below.
To book a course please call us on 0333 4330 731 (free to mobile and landlines callers) or mobile 07585723763
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org