Duke of Edinburgh Leader Outdoor First Aid course
Our Duke of Edinburgh Leader Outdoor First Aid course is a 16 hour remote first aid course ideal for Duke of Edinburgh leaders and teachers (assessors and supervisors) who are working with groups away from school. Our Outdoor First Aid courses cover the first aid requirements of DofE and we are a recognised provider lists on the DofE website.
We also deliver 1 day courses for your DofE students so they have the skills to look after each other if there is an accident or incident on their expedition. They will have the outdoor first aid skills to look after themselves until they can summon help.
The course focuses on dealing with outdoor incident management and improved techniques.
We can run the course at your venue for group sizes of four people upwards. Call us on 0333 4330 731 (free to mobile and landlines callers) or mobile 07585 723763 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book
Core course contents listed below:
* Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour & Casualty Monitoring
* Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents. ABCDE
* Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse. Recovery Position and other Safe Airway Positions
* Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), drowning CPR, heart attack, angina, choking
* Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for shock. Bandaging issues
* Damage – treatment of injury: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm, including remote improvised techniques
* Head and spinal injuries and helmet removal techniques and spinal management
* Environmental Considerations – hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
* Common Illnesses – asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
* Other Illnesses – Weils disease, Lyme disease, Tick-borne Encephalitis, etc
* Animal bites and stings
* Awareness of current regulations
* Outdoor incident scenarios – practice those skills
Covers requirements of Duke of Edinburgh Leader outdoor first aid courses.