British Association of Snowsport Instructors (BASI) require their instructors to hold a minimum of a 12 hour / 2 day First Aid qualification. The course must include outdoor first aid scenarios that mirror the environmental hazards instructors may encounter in the course of their role i.e. the course must include scenario work that is either in the outdoor or on the indoor slope.
Our Outdoor First Aid course covers the requirements of BASI and we meet the HSE standards for ‘Due Diligence‘ for first aid providers.
Feedback we have had from ski instructors on our previous courses has been excellent – TESTIMONIALS.
The course focuses on dealing with outdoor incident management and improved techniques using items such as skis, ski pole & clothing.
We can run the course at your venue for group sizes of four people upwards. Call us on 0333 4330 731 (free to mobile and landlines callers) or mobile 07585 723763 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book.
Core course contents listed below:
* Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour & Casualty Monitoring
* Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents. ABCDE
* Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse. Recovery Position and other Safe Airway Positions
* Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), drowning CPR, heart attack, angina, choking
* Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for shock. Bandaging issues
* Damage – treatment of injury: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm, including remote improvised techniques
* Head and spinal injuries and helmet removal techniques and spinal management
* Environmental Considerations – hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
* Common Illnesses – asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
* Other Illnesses – Weils disease, Lyme disease, Tick-borne Encephalitis, etc
* Animal bites and stings
* Awareness of current regulations
* Outdoor incident scenarios -practice those skills