Outdoor First Aid Limited can deliver the 12 hour First Aid at Work Refresher course at your venue.This course is for those who have previously completed the HSE First Aid at Work (FAW) course and are within the three year deadline for renewal of their FAW certificate. Please call us for more information.
The course is designed for high risk work places such as construction, manufacturing, agriculture and fisheries. When our trainers deliver this course it will be contextualised for your workplace hazards.
Our courses meet the HSE standards for ‘Due Diligence‘ for first aid providers.
We can run the course at your venue for group sizes of four people upwards. Call us on 0333 4330 731 (free to mobile and landlines callers) or mobile 07585 723763 or email at email@example.com for more information or to book
Core course contents listed below:
* Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour & Casualty Monitoring
* Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents. ABCDE
* Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse. Recovery Position and other Safe Airway Positions
* Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), drowning CPR, heart attack, angina, choking
* Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for shock. Bandaging issues
* Damage – treatment of injury: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm
* Head and spinal injuries and spinal management
* Common Illnesses – asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
* Dealing with burns
* Dealing with poisons
* Animal bites and stings
* Awareness of current regulations