Delivered by our expert staff these courses are great for those going to remote places overseas who want a little bit more first aid knowledge and some drug awareness. This 1 day course has a pre-requisite of our 2 day Outdoor First Aid course or equivalent.
We will also explain how to go about purchasing prescription only medications after the course. These Doctors can offer a prescription service for those who have attended the course.
These courses are run on an individual basis to groups of expeditioners. Please contact us for more information on 0333 4330 731 (free to mobile and landlines callers) or mobile 07585 723763.
Core course content below, however this can be adapted depending on your expedition focus – altitude, desert, cold or jungle.
• Remit of instruction / Medical indemnity / Medications Act / Confidentiality
• Record keeping and how to present yourself (perception of skill level)
• Casualty assessment / taking a history / physical examination
• Lecture on remote medical assistance & communication systems
• Wound assessment, burns and blisters
• Trauma – dealing with fractures and dislocations
• Wound cleaning practical
• Steri-strips & suturing practical
• Pain management lecture
• Ear, Nose, Throat & Dentistry overseas
• Lecture on the use of antibiotics
• Gastrointestinal problems and fluid replacement lecture
• Intra-muscular (IM) injections practical – anti-emetics (anti-vomiting medications)
• Tropical diseases (Mosquitos, worms, flies, etc.)
Pre requisites: To attend this day, you are required to hold a 2 day Outdoor First Aid course, which we can of course organise for you.
A course designed to give you more options when days away from help. Traveling on expedition by foot or by vehicle, this course is both practical and theoretical.