Mountain Leader Outdoor First Aid
Our Mountain Leader Outdoor First Aid course is a 16 hour remote first aid course course and covers the requirements of the MLTA training schemes. Ideal for WGL/BELA/ Summer/Winter ML and IML candidates and Award holders.
The course focuses on dealing with outdoor incident management and improved techniques.
We can run the course at your venue for group sizes of four people upwards. Call us on 0333 4330 731 (free to mobile and landlines callers) or mobile 07585723763 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book
Core course contents listed below:
* Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour & Casualty Monitoring
* Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents. ABCDE
* Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse. Recovery Position and other Safe Airway Positions
* Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), drowning CPR, heart attack, angina, choking
* Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for shock. Bandaging issues
* Damage – treatment of injury: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm, including remote improvised techniques
* Head and spinal injuries and helmet removal techniques and spinal management
* Environmental Considerations – hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
* Common Illnesses – asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
* Other Illnesses – Weils disease, Lyme disease, Tick-borne Encephalitis, etc
* Animal bites and stings
* Awareness of current regulations
* Outdoor incident scenarios – practice those skills
Courses cover the requirements of Mountain Leader Outdoor First Aid.