Outdoor Instructor First Aid
Our Outdoor Instructor First Aid course is a 16 hour remote first aid course course and covers the requirements of the Mountain Training Association training schemes. Ideal for WGL/BELA/ Summer/Winter ML and IML candidates and Award holders.
Our courses meet MTA requirements & we meet HSE Due Diligence requirements for first aid training courses.
The course focuses on dealing with outdoor incident management and improved techniques.
Core course contents listed below:
* Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour & Casualty Monitoring
* Incident management – a systematic approach to managing first aid incidents. ABCDE
* Airway Management – causes and treatment of unconscious collapse. Recovery Position and other Safe Airway Positions
* Breathing Problems – cardiac arrest CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), drowning CPR, heart attack, angina, choking
* Circulation Problems – Internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for shock. Bandaging issues
* Damage – treatment of injury: chest, abdomen, pelvis, leg & arm, including remote improvised techniques
* Head and spinal injuries and helmet removal techniques and spinal management
* Environmental Considerations – hypothermia, hyperthermia and cold injuries
* Common Illnesses – asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
* Other Illnesses – Weils disease, Lyme disease, Tick-borne Encephalitis, etc
* Animal bites and stings
* Awareness of current regulations
* Outdoor incident scenarios – practice those skills
Meets the requirements for Outdoor Instructors First Aid