Do you want to have more confidence when walking in the outdoors?
Worried about getting lost when the clouds come down?
Want to be taught in a relaxed way?
Come and join us for a day or two, develop your map and compass skills and maybe take in a hill or two at the same time.
Training days will cover the following standard content:
• Introduction to different maps and scales
• How to set the map
• How to make grid references
• How to interpret key symbols
• How to plan and follow a route using paths and other key features
• How to interpret contours
• Aspect of slope
• How to estimate distance using pacing and timing
• How to use the compass
• How to re-orientate yourself
• The outdoor environment, impact and access
• Tips on outdoor safety
• Tips on choice of equipment
Call us on 0333 4330 731 (free to mobile and landlines callers) or mobile 07585 723763 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book
Cory Jones has 20 years experience leading groups and trekking in the outdoors. He has trekked, climbed, swum and paddled all over the world. As an International Mountain Leader and an active Expedition Leader he can pass on a wealth of information to beyond just the science of these outdoor skills. Cory is also a member of the British Association of International Mountain Leaders and the Mountain Leader Training Association.
Stay with us!
We run these course for groups, couples or individuals. If you really want an enjoyable experience and make a holiday out of your training we can put you up in our home. We are a small B & B near Gairloch. Call for more information.