Out Pitchside Injury course (7 hours) is ideal for those who run in the outdoors or take part in/organise running or orienteering events when you know a stumble and tumble can have a serious consequence. For clubs this course will give your members a good grounding in the skills to determine how serious an injury is when out on a club run or orienteering exercise. This sports first aid course covers vital first aid assessment of casualties by focusing on soft tissue injury, head injury and dealing with collapse. The sports first aid course is practical and scenario based so candidates leave the first aid course feeling confident about dealing with accidents and incidents at events or on club training evenings.
If you organise sports events then this is the course for you!
We can run the course at your venue for group sizes of four people upwards. Call us on 0333 4330 731 (free to mobile and landlines callers) or mobile 07585 723763 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book
Core course content:
* Safe best practice and awareness of current regulations
* Sports specific practical scenario training
* A systematic approach to incident management. Primary Survey
* Vital signs
* Airway Management – safe airway positions & dealing with gum shields
* Return to play decisions following on field assessment using SALTAPS
* Recognition of concussion – use of Maddock’s questions
* Soft tissue injuries, strains and sprains – when to and when not to use ice
* CPR Resuscitation procedures – single and multi-person scenarios
* What to put in your first aid kit
* How to make an action plan
What is NOT in the course?
This course does not contain basic life support (resuscitation, choking, collapse, aed) information and techniques, if your governing body requires that you need CPR or an HSE First Aid certificate you need our HSE Sports course.