Terms and Conditions
• Your course place / your group booking is confirmed when an invoice has been issued.
• Certificates will not be issued until full payment is received and cleared and only to those candidates who have completed and passed the course.
• All invoices are due within 30 days of the date shown on that invoice or on the day of the course, whichever is sooner.
• Payments still outstanding after 30 days may incur interest charge in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
• Invoices will be issued via email.
• Any charges incurred by us due to funds not clearing will be charged to you in addition to a £5.00 administration fee.
2. Cancellation and course transfer
• In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled by us, we will look into transferring you to an alternative course being held with ourselves or another network provider. If there is no suitable alternative available we will issue you with a full refund of any monies paid to us directly. We are not liable for any other losses or expenses incurred.
• If the course has to be cancelled at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances, we will make contact with you via email or telephone via the contact details provided at the time of your booking.
• In the event of cancellation by you or members of your group, the full course fee is payable.
• Where the course is cancelled with a minimum of 4 full weeks prior notice, no fee will be payable and any fee paid will be refunded. Where there is less than 4 weeks but more than 2 weeks prior notice, 50% of the fee will be payable/refundable. Where there is less than 2 weeks notice 100% of the fee is payable and no refundable.
• We hold professional liability and public liability insurance.
• We cannot accept any liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to personal property while you are on a course, not caused by the negligence of our suppliers, our agents or employees.
4. Responsibilities – We ask that you and/your course participants are aware of the following:
• First Aid is an active, practical and interactive subject. Participants are normally expected to be physically fit and able to kneel, twist and bend over simulated casualties, to sit on the floor, perform simulated CPR, roll, help roll and help lift simulated casualties.
• Part of your course may well occur being out of doors. You will be expected to be responsible for your own warm and waterproof clothing. If you are inadequately equipped we reserve the right to exclude you from the outdoor session for safety reasons and therefore you will fail the course.
• For indoor sessions please wear loose comfortable clothing, not shorts or low cut tops. Also please no lipstick, lip-gloss or lip balms as this hinders cleaning of the manikins.
• Please bring any medical problems or issues that may affect your ability to complete a course to the attention of the trainer before the course starts. (e.g recent injury, learning disability, dyslexia, etc.). We will make all reasonable adjustments to account for this during our courses. We will not exclude anyone from our training but reserve the right to ensure all reasonable adjustments are in place to meet our statutory obligations. If you do not disclose information about yourself or your group at the time of booking, we reserve the right to cancel a course or your booking.
• You / your group members are responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of behaviour in a safe and reasonable manner. Unacceptable behaviour may lead to offenders being asked to leave and you will be required to pay for any damage caused by yourself to equipment or venue.
Outdoor First Aid limited reserves the right to alter and change prices without prior notice.
Discounts available on selected courses for Schools, Charities and Voluntary Rescue Teams.